WELCOME

You made it! Here it is... the blog where you get to sit back and laugh at - or be completely horrified by - life with 5 kids, 2 parents, some frogs, a cat & a rabbit (and those are just the creatures we know about).

3.18.2012

St. Paddy's Day



I love St. Patrick's Day. I'm only a bit Irish (thanks to my mom's dad), but being a good Boston girl, I know that everyone is Irish today. Growing up I spent a lot of time in my grandmother's kitchen. Even though she was English, she almost always had her radio tuned to the Irish music station. She knew all the words to those songs and would sing along while she baked something yummy (from scratch). Hearing the music now brings back fond memories of my childhood. Plus, I just love a good fiddle. Throw in some beer, and I have a grand holiday on my hands!


Seeing as we have two Patricks in our house (and my kids are quite a bit more Irish than I), we do like to celebrate the day. Inevitably, we gather up a crowd and head to whichever local establishment has a.) live music b.) corned beef and cabbage (for my mother-in-law & myself) and c.) a table big enough for our whole clan (my kids just haven't learned to elbow for room at the bar, yet).


I'm always proud of myself when I can sift through the piles of laundry and manage to find something green for all seven of us to wear. Trust me, it's a true feat. And off we go to pay homage to our heritage by wearing green, listening to music and eating a boiled dinner...


Happy St. Patrick's Day!


Charlotte & Lucy hanging on the dance floor
Cheese!
My boys!
A family tradition: falling asleep 
amidst deafening Irish music!

We couldn't plan it if we tried!
Juju, Patrick & Pop-pop (& a very large hat)
My girls!

No comments: