WELCOME

You made it! Here it is... the blog where you get to sit back and laugh at - or be completely horrified by - life with 5 kids, 2 parents, some frogs, a cat & a rabbit (and those are just the creatures we know about).

9.28.2012

Who Am I Kidding?

I'm having a really hard time getting into a proper routine this school year. I just can't seem to get my act together. All of my good intentions of getting organized this summer very quickly fell by the wayside. Needless to say, I just haven't been getting out of the house fast enough in the morning to get the kids to school on time. Poor Patrick is in a right state when we arrive 3-5 minutes late. When it comes to school, he is a strict rule follower (at home is another story).

Imagine, then, how proud I was feeling on Wednesday. My mom, Lala, arrived at 7 am to take care of Charlotte. I got the rest of the gang into the car and headed out in record time. We were sure to not only be on time, but actually arrive early to school. I would even have time for a little coffee break between dropping off the kids and getting myself to work. (In my next life, my children and I will all be at a school that is close to our house. This "three separate towns" thing is a real pain in my behind.)

The whole time I was driving, I was having that nagging feeling of having forgotten something. I kept going over the possibilities in my head:

I have my purse.
I have my work bag and computer.
I have all four backpacks.
I packed their lunches and waters in their backpacks.
{glancing in the rearview} I have four kids in the car.
{totally relieved} I remembered to leave Charlotte with Lala.

I felt like I had run through all of the things I could have forgotten during the first 15 minutes of our drive. And then I looked at the road and realized the problem. Of course, this realization was accompanied by a loud shout of "what the fuck?" (Please, hold my Mother of the Year Award application for next year.) 

When I actually stopped thinking and paid attention to my surroundings, I realized what I had forgotten. I had forgotten that I was DRIVING THE WRONG WAY! For 15 minutes, I had been heading straight to work. Now, I had to reroute and hope to get the kids to school only a few minutes late. Gah! 

The kids' school has an automated system where you check in when you are late. After you press "Tardy" on the touch screen, it gives you options for your tardiness (doctor's appointment, traffic, etc.). I told Patrick to look for the button that says, "My mother is nuts." If they don't have one yet, they should probably add it soon. My kids are going to need it.

I feel your pain, White Rabbit...




HEY... If you enjoy the blog, why not become a follower? I'm the one who's losing her mind. You can also stalk find me on Facebook and TwitterLike the page and follow me!

---->P.S. Don't forget to vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs. Click that cute little brown button on my sidebar to vote for me...

**And be sure to visit my Zazzle store. Don't you need a new coffee mug?

No comments: