WELCOME

You made it! Here it is... the blog where you get to sit back and laugh at - or be completely horrified by - life with 5 kids, 2 parents, some frogs, a cat & a rabbit (and those are just the creatures we know about).

2.17.2013

Whining

I'm going to whine for a bit. I try not to be that mom. The one who whines and complains about everything. I really don't do it often, so I'm over-due. 

Let me start by saying that I love my kids. I actually enjoy spending time with them. BUT, I had a revelation this morning. Due to the snow and the fact that my husband has been working so much overtime, the only break I've had from my kids in the last two weeks has been when I go to work. To teach other people's kids. 

That's a whole lot of togetherness. And a whole lot of kids. Don't get me wrong, my kids are easy. They get along most of the time. They entertain themselves and each other well. But, I really wouldn't object to going someplace that only had grown-ups for a night. I'm going to turn into that lady who starts talking to strangers just for adult interaction. I can feel it. So, don't nod and smile as you pass me at the grocery store. I'm going to start talking to you and never let you leave.

Part of the problem is that these snow storms are coming on the weekends, so PJ has to go into work on his days off. The other problem is that I'm a little disgruntled about missing a (grown-up) party that we were supposed to go to last night. We've known about it for ages (and we don't get out all that much), so I was really looking forward to it. Instead, he went into work and the kids and I ate take-out and watched movies on the couch. It was fun, however, the conversation - while comical - is slightly less stimulating with 2-9 year olds.

It's the everyday routine that is starting to wear on me. Breakfast, lunch, dinner. Getting them dressed for the day, getting them dressed for bed. I just need a little break. I know some of you out there are single moms and I give you credit. I did it for five days last week and two days this weekend and I'm a little worn out. I need to be me for a few minutes instead of someone's mom. I'd revel in going a whole hour without talking about poop.

Luckily, this week is school vacation week. So, I'll only be with my own kids (as opposed to all of the kids I teach). PJ is taking a couple of days off so that we can do stuff together with the kids. As long as there is no more damn snow. I like those overtime checks, but this is getting a little old.


I shouldn't be complaining - look at how cute they are!

That's my whiny rant. I should be done complaining for a while.

What about you? Anything driving you crazy these days? 


HEY... If you enjoy the blog, why not become a follower? I'm the one who needs a little adult interaction. You can also stalk find me on Facebook and TwitterLike the page and follow me!

**And be sure to visit my Zazzle store. Don't you need a new coffee mug or apron??


CARE TO LEAVE A COMMENT?



2 comments:

"As We Speak" said...

You call that a whine? I call that a reality check! A girl needs more than the same ol' same ol'. So, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT call yourself a whiner. Winter is a downer, snow is a double downer. Spring is on it's way and you must find a little something...JUST FOR YOU!! THE END!

OpinionsToGo

Lisa @ The Golden Spoons said...

We all have days like that. My hubs travels for work, so I am often a single mom during the week and it gets old pretty quickly. I taught special needs preschoolers before I had kids. I have been a SAHM for 10 years now, and I honestly don't know if I could go back to teaching - kids at work and kids at home! Hats off to you for that!! Don't feel bad - hang in there and I hope you get some time to yourself in the coming week!!!