WELCOME

You made it! Here it is... the blog where you get to sit back and laugh at - or be completely horrified by - life with 5 kids, 2 parents, some frogs, a cat & a rabbit (and those are just the creatures we know about).

5.28.2013

Tuesday's Tip (#33)

Here's a tip for you:

Buy some birthday candles.

I bake cakes ALL the time. Most of them are hired jobs, but, you would think that a lady who bakes at least one cake a weekend would have birthday candles in the house, right? I mean, come on. I have five kids. Someone is always having a birthday. Alas, I never remember birthday candles. Which is why my eight year old is blowing out a tea light on her cake. Happy birthday from the cake lady who can't be bothered with more details.

























Have a tip to share? Or a pack of birthday candles? Feel free to leave a comment below...

...& be sure to check back every Tuesday for a new tip!


3 comments:

"As We Speak" said...

Improvisation is a wonderful thing!
A great idea on a really beautiful and creative cake!

OpinionsToGo

Unknown said...

Good thinking! Birthdays are never complete without candles. Your daughter's birthday photos are beautiful and I love the cake! Thanks for sharing this cute post Lissie!

Lissie said...

Thanks, ladies! One of these days, I'll grab a pack of birthday candles at the store!