WELCOME

You made it! Here it is... the blog where you get to sit back and laugh at - or be completely horrified by - life with 5 kids, 2 parents, some frogs, a cat & a rabbit (and those are just the creatures we know about).

8.04.2015

The Rhythm Is Gonna Get Ya

Last week, I wrote a post about the fact that I've been training for my first half marathon. One of the challenges of training is keeping myself motivated for runs that are getting progressively longer. And, on those days when I can't get outside to run because I'm the only adult with the kids, this can mean running for 80 minutes straight on the treadmill. Ugh. I've done the whole "watch Netflix on the treadmill" thing, but I find myself getting so into whatever I'm watching that it actually becomes too much of a distraction. (I almost fell off during an old episode of The Office that cracked me up.) The only thing that really keeps me going, whether on the road or on the dreadmill (see what I did there?), is really good music.

So, I spent a bunch of time working on a playlist of songs that would keep me going. Some of them are just good songs that I like. Some have inspirational lyrics that keep me going when I want to quit. (Beyonce is right. Girls do run the world. And if Florence & The Machine are going to tell me to run fast for my mother and fast for my father, then that's exactly what I'm going to do.) And others aren't necessarily by my favorite artist (I'm talking to you, Macklemore), but they have the exact tempo that matches my rather slow running pace.

I thought I'd share my playlist here in case anyone else is looking to add something different to their running/workout mix. But, I'd also like some suggestions. These runs are getting longer and I need to mix it up once in a while. So, I'm putting it out there for input:

What are your must-have songs that really get you moving?

Share in the comments. I really need the suggestions!

Here are a couple screenshots of my playlist. I just hit shuffle and hope something gets me moving!


There will be no judgement of the fact that I just love me some Flo Rida.
~Lissie

2 comments:

Matt Ennis said...

www.steadymixes.com is the best website ever for workout music

My favorite is Higher 2 http://www.steadymixes.com/higher2/

or really anything with 90s music in it

Lissie said...

That's great - thanks, Matt!

But, weren't you like 4 years old in the 90's? ;)