WELCOME

You made it! Here it is... the blog where you get to sit back and laugh at - or be completely horrified by - life with 5 kids, 2 parents, some frogs, a cat & a rabbit (and those are just the creatures we know about).

2.12.2014

Tuesday's Tip (#37)

Here's a tip for you:

Turn the music up. Loud.

Sometimes my job entails dealing with children who spend a good portion of their day with very little self-control. This makes coming home to a house full of children a little challenging. Oddly enough, my solution is to this problem is to cook dinner. When I cook, I kick everyone out of the kitchen and turn up the stereo. Loud. It drowns out whatever fun (or fights) my kids might be having. It also gives me a half hour without kids. Just long enough to decompress from work and be able to actually appreciate them, again. 

I've talked about our own little brand of music therapy before. It works. It's my little bit of "me" time. And, if the kids aren't getting along (or they're acting completely insane), it doesn't even matter. My stereo is great - I can't hear a thing they're doing.


Have a tip to share? Or great song I should listen to while I'm blasting my music? Feel free to leave a comment below...

...& be sure to check back every Tuesday for a new tip!


No comments: