WELCOME

You made it! Here it is... the blog where you get to sit back and laugh at - or be completely horrified by - life with 5 kids, 2 parents, some frogs, a cat & a rabbit (and those are just the creatures we know about).

7.24.2012

Tuesday's Tip (#14)

Here's a tip for you:


Say "I love you."


I'm not talking about the idea that life is short and we should always let the people we love know how we appreciate them. That's a beautiful and meaningful sentiment.


I'm talking about when your 20 month-old daughter wakes you up at 2 am and insists on using your iPhone to play the Somebody That I Used to Know video on YouTube over and over again (all while singing along). This is when you should say "I love you." Like a mantra. A mantra that is meant to remind you that it would be totally inappropriate to strangle that little child when she wakes you up every 4 minutes and 4 seconds to replay Gotye's video. The combination of sleep deprivation and xylophone music starts to make you a little delusional after a while. So just keep chanting "I love you." It could save a life.







Have a tip to share? Or a new song for Charlotte? Feel free to leave a comment below...

...& be sure to check back every Tuesday for a new tip!



1 comment:

Nelly said...

I find myself saying the same. And in my head I'm not even chanting other choice phrases. Well most of the time. I find saying I love you at that exact moment takes my "at my wits end" feeling down to a manageable level.