WELCOME

You made it! Here it is... the blog where you get to sit back and laugh at - or be completely horrified by - life with 5 kids, 2 parents, some frogs, a cat & a rabbit (and those are just the creatures we know about).

1.18.2013

Whole 29? Or 31?

So I've made it all the way to Whole 30, Day 16. As long as you don't count last week's Patriots game. I've done really well - minus those 2 beers and key lime pie. Those were definitely not Whole 30 approved (in my defense, it's the playoffs!). The next day I was feeling guilty (and a little sick), but some good peeps reminded me that it was just a little slip and I didn't have to start all over. Maybe I'll just add an extra day at the end? 

So, I definitely cheated last weekend. But, I had a little triumph yesterday, too. On Thursdays, my friend, Erika, and I share a pizza. Her husband gets us a barbecue chicken pizza with pineapple every Thursday. It's the highlight of my workweek lunches. Erika still brings the pizza, but I donate my slices to anyone else who happens by while we're eating because I just can't eat that right now - as much as I might want to. Yesterday, I was having a crappy day and I didn't think my lunch was going to be enough. I thought I might just have to throw in the towel and eat a piece of pizza. (Have I mentioned that I really miss cheese?) I was about to do it when another coworker told me not to. "It's just not worth it," she said. So I sat there and ate an apple and grumbled about it the whole time. I make a lovely dining companion. Later, though, I thanked that friend because I was so proud of myself for eating an apple instead of pizza. I would've felt terrible if I cheated twice in one week!


In the meantime, I have to be better at finding some new recipes this week. I'm getting a little bored with my meals. It's time to mix it up a little.


As it stands, I lost another 2.1 lbs in my second week. (I'm totally breaking the "no scale" rule.) That's a total of 9.8 lbs in two weeks. I've almost undone all of the holiday damage I did!





If you have any recipes to share, leave a comment below... I could use some inspiration!




HEY... If you enjoy the blog, why not become a follower? I'm the one who cheated a little. You can also stalk find me on Facebook and TwitterLike the page and follow me!

**And be sure to visit my Zazzle store. Don't you need a new coffee mug or apron??

No comments: